cliniCal research enablers And DIAGNOSTIC CRITERIA WORKING GROUP
TASKS FOR THE FIRST PERIOD OF THE PROJECT
- Survey in EU countries existing data on economic loss due to ME/CFS;
- Analyse existing clinical criterions guidelines in order to find-out optimal criteria set allowing excluding over-diagnostic and un-diagnostic;
- Develop approaches to calculate direct economic loss due to ME/CFS.
- Task 1: To survey clinical criteria used in European countries to diagnose ME/CFS;
- Task 2: To analyse existing clinical criteria guidelines and to recommend an optimal criteria set to minimise over- and under-diagnosis;
- Task 3: To assess the efficacy/safety of available ME/CFS treatments in order to recommend optimal treatment approaches, aiming to decrease severity of clinical course;
- Task 4: To develop a proposal for standardizing clinical diagnosis in collaborative global manner: to organize two meetings per year (could be also teleconferences) to discuss and analyse clinical diagnostic criteria of ME/CFS, including clinical demonstrations; to make 2 visits to international centres and discuss the progress in establishing standardised diagnosis and multicenter involvement.
- Survey data on clinical criteria currently used in the European countries M4;
- Set of standardized diagnosis proposed M48.